Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool in Workflow

Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community,

I got help with creating an Event,  thank you Community 

but I'm still struggling  with how to use the email tool to send an automated email once my WF completes, also I'd like to insert into the file name the "run date"   Like "Safety-Stock 03-Feb-21"

See sample of my workflow, and the email tool, I just can't get my head around it, sorry I know your all probably shaking your heads  but I appreciate  your help & patience he😊re. 😀 

Attaching sample data / workflow.

TIA

Karl

4 REPLIES 4
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

In order to dynamically write the file out with today's date, you can take advantage of datetimetoday() in the formula tool. You can essentially build the file name in a formula tool. In your output, use the bottom configuration to dynamically adjust the entire path at runtime. 

echuong1_0-1612318673313.png

echuong1_1-1612318690922.png

For the email, I suggest using a table tool to create a table of values. You can then use the email tool to distribute the data. In the example attached, I input the data into the actual email, but you can also configure it to be an attachment, pulling from the excel file created.

echuong1_2-1612318752279.png

Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Hi echung1,

I'm Getting You Must Specify A Sheet Name Error.

See attached, I've deleted the original Output file, tried, renaming in the new output file, as sheet1, in the formula tool. 

But keeping getting the error when running the WF, can you advise what I'm doing wrong.

See attached. 

TIA

Karl 

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

It's a little difficult to tell in the screenshot, but it looks like you're using a forward slash "/" between the file name and the sheet name. It should be three pipes "|".

Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Thanks echuong, that worked (3 Pipes) 

I have ran test mails all working, and now scheduled to automate in my Alteryx Galley.. 

So thank you so much for your help..

Cheers,

Karl. 😄

Labels