Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool error failed to send to one or more recipients

thisceci
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

When using email tool to send to 1 or many recipients, we are getting this error (attached).  We intend to send to many but testing with 1 user in TO field already fails.  The SMTP set up and FROM is one that has been used before many times so no issue there.  

Using 2019.4 Alteryx version.

6 REPLIES 6
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @thisceci ,

I've reproduced your error in a example of mine and I received that exact message when I removed the 'Use SMTP Authentication', so in my case, it was a matter of user and password need.

Let me know if this makes sense to you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

thisceci
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @fmvizcaino for testing it out. Worked here too once used creds.

ChaitanyaReddy
6 - Meteoroid

can you please let me know which credentials we need to use?

thisceci
6 - Meteoroid

Username/password of the person creating the workflow - in our case, AD username/password.  Just as important is the SMTP address. Your IT admin should provide this.  Those 3 need to be present.

thisceci
6 - Meteoroid

Blocked out info for security.

1. Just make sure the address there is correct.  Your IT admin can confirm.

2. Enable Use SMTP auth

3. Enter the AD username of the email you have in #5

4. Enter the AD password

5. (From field) Make sure the email here is spelled correctly and is linked to the AD in #3.

smtp1.png

cambiukpytou
5 - Atom

To anyone who happens to see this for another reason, check your SMTP IP address provided, you may be working with an email IP that is only configured to email internally (in case you are looking to send emails externally) I am currently working through it right now to test to see if maybe I need to point to an external email server  IP that allows external email communication. I will post an update if I have solved the solution.

Labels