Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool: Sending separate files to multiple recipients

SkyW
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am currently building a workflow that will pull in information from a spreadsheet that I am maintaining based on requestor information. The output kicks out any number of Excel files based on how many requests were input for that day. These files are named based on "ID" and "Type of Report" when they are output into a folder on a drive.

Is there a way, using the Email tool, where the tool can pick up a file matched with an email address (also on source file used for input), and send out reports individually based on this information?

2 REPLIES 2
Cristian
9 - Comet

Try to match alteryx with blat http://www.blat.net/

Regards,

Cristian

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi SkyW,

Sorry about the delay in replying, I just came across this question. You could encase the email tool in a batch macro and select "File name from field value" for the attachment. This way, you could have a field value specify the output and also specify the attachment.If each record should be processed independently, then just use a recordID as the Control Parameter.

The Inside of the batch Macro should be as simple as the below, with the Email Tool configured how you would like and the Macro Input bringing in the necessary files.

Image 001 - 20160516 - 000516.png

Kane

Labels