Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool Sending Multiple

quims
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx Community, 

How can I fix this email tool that send email based on the number of file in my folder?

I choose a specific in my folder but this folder consist of daily file then when I ran the workflow it send multiple email. I noticed that it equals to the file inside the folder.

Thanks in advance.

-quims

6 REPLIES 6
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @quims use a sample tool or select records tool before the email tool. As you are saying the email tool will send the same amount of rows of data in your stream. If you use a sample or select tool and select 1 then only one email will be sent to the recipients. 

quims
8 - Asteroid

Hi @JosephSerpis 

Thank you for the suggestion but it seems doesn't work on my end.

I tried both Select and Sample Tool to select only the specified file.

I also did testing to a test folder which consist only the file that needed and it send to me once. To make it sure i did another test. I put another excel file in the test folder then the email tool also sent email twice.

-quims

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @quims are you selecting only the specified file limiting the number of records going into the email tool to 1? In previous experience if I was emailing a table to one person and that table had 4 rows I found that the email tool would send 4 emails. So typically I would output a file and use the attachment feature on the email tool and use a sample tool before the email to limit my records to 1 so only one email would be sent. 

quims
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @JosephSerpis 

Sorry for the late response. i just realized I've been using incorrect tool. Now it is working fine. I tried both Sample and Select Records tool.

I saved two other different files in a target folder and it send 1 email to me.

Great help! 🙂 

kc03
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

Is it possible to send an email via alteryx on top the same email which was sent earlier?

For instance, I sent an email to a person named John about his task. Now I want to send another email about his performance but that email should be on the top of the same email. Or if I can attach the previous email at the bottom of the current email. And also that should be automated since there will be a long list of people.

Kurumurthy
5 - Atom

Thank you so much

Labels