Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email Tool - Restricting FROM: Field To Use ID in Workflow Credentials

DNGreenleaf
5 - Atom

Hi.

Is it possible to force the Email Tool to only utilize the ID in the workflow credentials as the ID used in the FROM: field?

The idea is to prevent any chance of email impersonation.  I checked the on-line installation / configuration documentation and did not find a global parameter that would enforce this behavior.

Thanks in advance for suggestions / information.

3 REPLIES 3
cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hey @DNGreenleaf,

Is this something you want for all workflows or is it for an Analytic App? If it is for an app you could require the user to enter their email address and then populate the from field with that.

You can also check out this post about using other options for this: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Using-user-login-information-as-a-filt...

DNGreenleaf
5 - Atom

Thanks for the additional information.

We would want this for all workflows.  I am investigating if our email protection processes (corporate-wide server level) would suffice or if we should be focused on the Alteryx product level.  Other products provide the ability to modify the FROM: description, so I am focused on the sending user's ID.

I am interested in learning if other corporations have concerns with the ability to modify the FROM: field.

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@DNGreenleaf - were you able to find a way to pre-populate the value in the FROM field based on the user running the workflow?

Labels