Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool - How to add image to letter body in Alteryx email tool

JialeLiu
5 - Atom

How to add image to letter body when use Alteryx email tool?

Q about how to add image in letter body.png

7 REPLIES 7
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@JialeLiu The image tool and the report text tool would both allow for images. The image tool would allow for more flexibility if you needed to dynamically grab an image. The report text tool requires a static image but then allows you more flexibility with where you want your image to be placed. The email tool only allows 1 tool to connect into it, so you need to combine all your elements before (perhaps by appending different data elements.) From the email tool, you would then select the field that contains your image.

TarunDeep
8 - Asteroid

Hi @patrick_digan ,

Just wanted to know how to achieve this?

"The image tool would allow for more flexibility if you needed to dynamically grab an image"

Not able to do it. It takes fixed path. That too from the system not from any field.

Raphael_Kotzock
7 - Meteor

@TarunDeep  make sure you feed your image into the email tool along with other  fields (if desired).

Then you can use it as a field to select from the drop down menu and add to your email body.

Image in body.PNG

IvanFonseca
7 - Meteor

Hi @patrick_digan ,

I have used both image tool and report text to add an image and then send via email tool to outlook addresses. It seems that the images were loaded fine in the tools but when i receive the email in outlook the images does not display (X error red).

Do you know why this?

Thanks

IvanFonseca_0-1617176885433.png

MohithRai
8 - Asteroid

Hi @IvanFonseca ,

Did you find a solution for your issue? I am facing the same issue, the image doesn't show up in the email.

Thanks

IvanFonseca
7 - Meteor

Hi @MohithRai ,

Unfortunately not, the same issue! Let me know if you have a solution.

Thanks

Raphael_Kotzock
7 - Meteor

@MohithRai & @IvanFonseca This could be due to internal IT/outlook settings. Majority of my external emails I receive, do not display images either. You may want to troubleshoot that with IT.

Labels