Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email Tool - Couldn't Resolve Host Name

michcollins
7 - Meteor

I am using an email workflow that I have used many times that always worked.  Now I man getting this error message.  I have checked with our IT department to verify the SMPT and port, which they did. I have checked the email addresses in the Excel file I am using (even loaded my own email in the list).  Still no luck.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

HI@michcollins ,

Are you trying to run this on the Designer or Gallery?

Best,

Jagdeesh

michcollins
7 - Meteor

Designer.  The Excel and Workflow are saved on my hard drive as well.  Thought it might be a server issue but, no!!

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@michcollins 

Have you tired deleting the current email tool, inserting a new one and re-configuring it?

michcollins
7 - Meteor

I will certainly give that a try.  Thank you

michcollins
7 - Meteor

That did not work.  I think I will rebuild the email and see if that helps.  Just stumped

Thank you for your help

knobsdog
8 - Asteroid

I had the same issue in a workflow.  Couldn't resolve it so I switched to an Email Event instead as a work around.  Hopefully someone can offer a solution.

michcollins
7 - Meteor

Not familiar with Email Event.  I will search that.  Thank you

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@michcollins 

You can find the email events within the events tab in workflow configuration.

jagdeeshn_0-1611868553477.png

jagdeeshn_1-1611868600411.png

yashagarwal1703
5 - Atom

@michcollins

i was facing similar issue. However, seems to me that it is mandatory to be connected to your official VPN network in order to be able to send the email. 

Once i connected to my official VPN network, the issue got resolved.

Thanks,

Yash 

Labels