Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool Attachment Error

coglioan
6 - Meteoroid

I have a workflow that that successfully sends an email when there is no attachment. As soon as the option to add an attachment from the summarized data is selected, I get and 'Invalid Path: "4" in MakeCleanPath()' error. 

Has anyone else run into this issue? Attached are screen shots and the workflow

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @coglioan 

What exactly are you trying to attach? The attachments section expects a file path that it can grab a file from to attach. From what I can tell it looks like the 'Total_Errors' field will just be a number. Would it make more sense for the number of errors to be placed in the body or subject line of the email?

coglioan
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Luke_C

I was hoping to attach the 'Total_Errors' output from the previous Summarize tool in the email and have the body of the email relay a different message/instruction. If I can incorporate the 'Total_Errors' output in addition to a customized message in the body of the email that would also work.

Do you know if that is something that is possible or would I only be able to include the 'Total_Errors' in the subject/body of the email?

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @coglioan 

In order for it to be an attachment it would need to be output to a file (.xlsx, csv, etc). It's totally possible to have it in the body, here's an example how with the report text tool:

I don't have access to your desktop so can't fully run it, but you just need to update the body to use the resulting report text field. It will dynamically pull the number of records into the body. You can tweak it to work for the subject line too. 

Luke_C_0-1651770784676.png

coglioan
6 - Meteoroid

@Luke_C

This worked great! Thanks for the alternate solution!

Labels