Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Report to Multiple Recipients -

Sidey1978
8 - Asteroid

Hi all

I have a report which I now would like to automatically email to the appropriate recipients.

Ideally I would like recipient to only see the data for which the are the owner - owner is a field within the data.

I have searched and read various topics on this but so far haven't had any success making it work.

I have attached a sample of my data. Could anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks! 

16 REPLIES 16
txjohnnypops79
8 - Asteroid

sorry, i didnt finish reading all your email, I got too excited, I will try the summarize tool now

🙂

KatarinaRadic
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there!

Thank you so much for amazing solution.

However, I am having a problem with error message when I'm trying to open the created excel file 'We found a problem with  some content in...'. Does it happen to you as well? 

Thank you in advance,
Katarina

txjohnnypops79
8 - Asteroid

I don't have that issue Katrina, but it would help the team here if you post your Alteryx workflow and files so they can troubleshoot.

I can take a look at it as well.

Regards,

Johnny F

KatarinaRadic
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much.

I attached Alteryx workflow package, and output excel files with the problem I mentioned:
excel file bug.png

And here is the log file listing repair, when I recover the file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main"><logFileName>error079680_01.xml</logFileName><summary>Errors were detected in file 'C:\Users\KatarinaRadic\Downloads\Sample Attachment - Joe Bloggs.xlsx'</summary><repairedRecords><repairedRecord>Repaired Records: Worksheet properties from /xl/workbook.xml part (Workbook)</repairedRecord></repairedRecords></recoveryLog>

I hope someone has an answer I would be so thankful!

Happy weekend,
Katarina

txjohnnypops79
8 - Asteroid

Hi Katarina,

Try this workflow attached. I fixed the formula Path extension to this '.xlsx|||Sheet1'  from your original ".xlsx|||'Sheet1$'"

Hope this works for you!

Regards,

Johnny Fonseca

KatarinaRadic
6 - Meteoroid

Oh yes that actually worked!!!

Thank you so so so much Johnny! 
❤️

Katarina

txjohnnypops79
8 - Asteroid

No worries!!