Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email Not Finding File

KevinDW
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Everyone,

I have looked through multiple different examples to send an email with an excel attachement.  The excel I am attaching is one where i am having it dynamically created each day.  It saves the file just fine, I use a "Block Until Done Tool" to make sure the file is created before the email tool is attached.  I have the email tool built to use the file name path from the file.  Every time the email tries to send I get the same error where "the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."  I want to say, based off of one article it is because I need to stipulate a sheet name for the output tool to save, but then the file path does not actually include that sheet name in it.  I.E. \Filepath.xlsx|||sheet 1, but what you actually see on the file path is just \Filepath.xlsx.  It seems like I am in a catch 22 and just cant get over this last hurdle.  Any help would be great.

2 REPLIES 2
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @KevinDW if you can provide more detailed about the path and the configuration, it would be better to understand.

In the meantime, I attached one example of generating an output and emailing it to someone.

I made the output file's path relative, so it will work better. 

pedrodrfaria_0-1612992632804.png

pedrodrfaria_1-1612992647705.png

Pedro.

KevinDW
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the help, below is what mine looks like.  It is similar.

KevinDW_2-1612994233357.png

KevinDW_5-1612994507921.png

KevinDW_4-1612994421150.png

KevinDW_6-1612994553289.png

Labels