Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email Not Finding File

KevinDW
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Everyone,

I have looked through multiple different examples to send an email with an excel attachement.  The excel I am attaching is one where i am having it dynamically created each day.  It saves the file just fine, I use a "Block Until Done Tool" to make sure the file is created before the email tool is attached.  I have the email tool built to use the file name path from the file.  Every time the email tries to send I get the same error where "the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."  I want to say, based off of one article it is because I need to stipulate a sheet name for the output tool to save, but then the file path does not actually include that sheet name in it.  I.E. \Filepath.xlsx|||sheet 1, but what you actually see on the file path is just \Filepath.xlsx.  It seems like I am in a catch 22 and just cant get over this last hurdle.  Any help would be great.

2 REPLIES 2
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @KevinDW if you can provide more detailed about the path and the configuration, it would be better to understand.

In the meantime, I attached one example of generating an output and emailing it to someone.

I made the output file's path relative, so it will work better. 

pedrodrfaria_0-1612992632804.png

pedrodrfaria_1-1612992647705.png

Pedro.

KevinDW
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the help, below is what mine looks like.  It is similar.

KevinDW_2-1612994233357.png

KevinDW_5-1612994507921.png

KevinDW_4-1612994421150.png

KevinDW_6-1612994553289.png

Labels