Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Eliminating zero's !

T-Dub
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am currently working on a tool that looks for differences between two files and that gives a report of said differences.

Capture.PNG

Currently I have run into a little issue where some files data isn't saved in the same way but have the same values, for instance:

I would like to delete all the useless 0's that are present above.

Here is my progam:

large (1).png

Thanks in advance!

T

10 REPLIES 10
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @T-Dub!

Do you have the CReW macros? There is one called Expect Equal that could be the same thing you're trying to make. 

expectequal.PNG

jasperlch
12 - Quasar

I think what you can do is to add a Select tool on both streams before you do the joining. And then change all the numeric fields to FixedDecimal and size to 19.2.

T-Dub
7 - Meteor

Hi @BarnesK,

Thanks for your response.

I do not have any additional macros added. Could you tell me where to find or where to get the macros you mentioned?

I'd like to expirement with them.

Best regards,

T

T-Dub
7 - Meteor

Hi @Jasperich,

Well the idea seems good, but I think by using this wouldn't 0.00 and 0 still come out as being differences?

Best regards,

T

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html

There are a lot of pretty useful ones in there. I particularly like the Only Unique.

T-Dub
7 - Meteor

Well it looks like my company is only running version 9.1 of Alteryx so that's that... I doubt I could get them to implement anything newer in a timely manner. Such is life !

T-Dub
7 - Meteor

@Barnesk

Do you know if there is an archive with older version compatability or do they just compile over the older versions?

Jim7
8 - Asteroid

This formula should work for you (see attached workflow in version 9.1):

ToNumber(REGEX_Replace(ToString([Valeur Fichier 2], 4), "\.\d*([0]+)$",""))

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

If you go to the blog archive on the right side of the page, you can probably find one that is compatible with your version. Note these will not have all of the newest macros included, though. I attached the Expect Equal one that you should be able to use for this case in your version of Alteryx.

Labels