Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Eliminate invisible whitespace/tabs?

celinearamouni
6 - Meteoroid

Hello everyone,

I have this list of project codes that should be 3 characters only but shows up as 4 because of an invisible tab or whitespace that I do not see. I have used the data cleansing tool multiple times in a row but nothing is work. This is what I am getting.

Project CodeLength

I need the length to be 3. I have attached the list. I believe the whitespace/whatever it is/tab is on the left because when I use the left() formula it cuts off the last number. Ideally, I wouldn't use the right() formula as these rows are included in a big data sets with project codes longer than that and doing so would cut them off.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

Have you tried the function trim? :-) . I attached an example for you to try and implement. 

BS_THE_ANALYST_0-1673946623030.png

BS_THE_ANALYST_1-1673946629458.png

BS_THE_ANALYST_2-1673946637106.png

celinearamouni
6 - Meteoroid

Yes! I have and it didn't work. Also tried replace([Project Code]," ","") didn't work either...

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

hmm, try this formula instead: REGEX_Replace([Field1], "^(\s+)?(.*\w)(\s+)?$", "$2")

formula:

BS_THE_ANALYST_0-1673947112640.png

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Hi @celinearamouni ,

I don't know what invisible character you have here but here is is a way to get rid of it.

FinnCharlton_0-1673947195369.png

celinearamouni
6 - Meteoroid
OMG! Thank you so much. It is the only that has worked so far. I'm not familiar with that tool so will definitely look into it. :)
FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Also @celinearamouni , the character is a Zero-Width Space, Unicode-8203.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@celinearamouni One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1673949603713.png

Labels