Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Effective filter for a certain time period

Surname
7 - Meteor

Hi guys, 

I am a fresher by alteryx and wanted to know if there is an effective way to filter a certain data period? I would like to filter data from X to Z and currently I set two filter (s. Screenshot)

Filter_month.PNG

Thank you in advance!

Best

Dili

3 REPLIES 3
DataBlender
11 - Bolide

Hi @Surname

You might have noticed that when you choose the basic filter options, the expression box at the bottom of the configuration window updates.

You can therefore do what you want to do all in the same filter by updating this expression box. You'll need to choose the 'custom filter' radio button in order to do this.

In your example where it looks like you're trying to capture anything on one of two dates, the expression would be:

[ActivityDate] = '2017-01-01'
OR
[ActivityDate] = '2017-01-31'

If you wanted it to just be the month of January 2017 then it would be:

[ActivityDate] >= '2017-01-01'
AND
[ActivityDate] <= '2017-01-31'
PaulRB
8 - Asteroid

Hi Dili,

Your current solution does not filter for a period of dates. In the form you show it, you will get no output. This is because a date cannot be both "2017-01-01" and "2017-01-31". Perhaps where you show "=" you meant to show ""<=" and ">=" ?

You can combine the two tests into a single formula in the Filter tool:

[ActivityDate] >= "2017-01-01" And [ActivityDate] <= "2017-01-31"

Am I correct in assuming here that your [ActivityDate] field is a string?

EDIT: I was beaten to it!

Surname
7 - Meteor

Hi guys, 

thank you! Both answers are work. I've also found a Date Filter in section "Preparation". It is easy, because I could select the start and end date. 

Have a nice day!

Labels