Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Editing A MIF file

chelseariver90
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

We are implementing MicroPay in to our company and the TA software we use is outputting a MIF file for us to import. The issue is that some of the information is in the incorrect field for us to import the way we want to.

Is there away to input data from an MIF file in to Alteryx & amended it.

the structure of an MIF file is below and the data is determined by the field it is in

Rows with TH have 11 fields. These are depictured by \

Rows with TN have 13 fields.

I need to Move the data in field 3 for TH to field 11

and for TN rows from field 11 to field 13

chelseariver90_0-1624329685666.png

11 REPLIES 11
chelseariver90
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @apathetichell I've tried that and the directory tool seems to be finding all the .mif files with no issues. I also used an excel sheet from the same folder and it reads fine too.

It seems like a specific problem with the .mif files for some reason 😕 dont know how to get it working 😞

chelseariver90_0-1624394938875.png

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

After looking at your screenshot of the raw data, I can confirm that your data is not in the MID/MIF MapInfo export format. Therefore, using the native format of MIF in the Input tool will not work.

Therefore, the method @Qiu displayed of importing as a csv file and then using Text To Columns tool is likely the best path forward.

John Hollingsworth
Clear Channel Outdoor
Labels