Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Editing A MIF file

chelseariver90
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

We are implementing MicroPay in to our company and the TA software we use is outputting a MIF file for us to import. The issue is that some of the information is in the incorrect field for us to import the way we want to.

Is there away to input data from an MIF file in to Alteryx & amended it.

the structure of an MIF file is below and the data is determined by the field it is in

Rows with TH have 11 fields. These are depictured by \

Rows with TN have 13 fields.

I need to Move the data in field 3 for TH to field 11

and for TN rows from field 11 to field 13

chelseariver90_0-1624329685666.png

11 REPLIES 11
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@chelseariver90 

Would be possible for your to provide a sample input file?

chelseariver90
8 - Asteroid

The File is a .mif format so it wont allow me to attach it. That is one of the issues, im not sure how i can even get it in to alteryx to amend it.
See attached file in .txt format though. thanks

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Have you tried the input data tool? .mif and .mid files are listed under filetypes...

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@chelseariver90 
I tried to change it .mif then use CSV format to pull the data.
Capture4A.PNG

chelseariver90
8 - Asteroid

Thanks guys, when i use an input tool even when i browse to the file i just get the error below. I've tried moving the file to different drives on my PC but nothing seems to allow it to pick it up.

chelseariver90_0-1624347929596.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@chelseariver90 
Did you mention it is a MIF file?

Your snapshot shows you are working with a MID.

chelseariver90
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for getting back so quickly Qiu. The file format is set to .mid/.mif
I cant see a separate one for just .mif see below how it is set up

Any ideas why it would be saying it cant find the file @Qiu ? Thanks

chelseariver90_0-1624348596750.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@chelseariver90 
I chose all files instead of all Data File as below and  the MIF file can be selected.

A1.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Can you confirm that this is specific to .mif/.mid files ie. can you confirm that Alteryx can find other files in the same directory and on the same drive? I was wondering if perhaps it's a system issue/drive issue as opposed to a specific .mif/.mid file issue - as that seems weird. It's not saying it can't open the file - it's saying it can't find the file - which is totally different.

Try adding a directory tool to a blank workflow and set it for *.mif, *.mid in that directory. Attach it to a browse and give it a run.  See what kind of results you are getting.

Labels