Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Edit windows Metada fields using Outpot Tool

njabar
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I wonder if is possible to generate/update the windows metadata when outputting a file after running an Alteryx workflow.

For example, I have configured my windows explorer folders to show 'Tags' and 'Comment' metadata fields (see image below):

njabar_0-1614180403811.png

And I'd like to edit the metadata 'Tags' and 'Comments' in my Alteryx workflow, so when I output them using the Output tool that info would be already updated.

Is that possible? I've tried using the directory tool, however, it only brings until file size.

very best, 

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

HI @njabar 

Editing the file properties, like tags and comments, is not a feature I'm aware of in the Output tool. The only path forward I see would be to use a Run Command tool to make these changes. However, I haven't been able to Google any scripts or commands to make that happen. The closest I found was an Exiftool or maybe something in WMIC, but that's where my support ends.  

njabar
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for the feed-back @CharlieS I'll continue to do more research this matter.

tsilva4
8 - Asteroid
I'm looking for a solution to this problem as well. I'll let you know if I find something.
Labels