Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Edit path to a macro in a workflow

Ashish
8 - Asteroid
  1. I want to update the path to a macro to use the same macro from a shared location instead of my drive.
  2. I want to change the path of a macro in a workflow to a fully qualified path instead of mapped network path (to be able to share the workflow with a group)

it seems the only way I have is to delete the macro and then insert it again and reconfigure. Does anyone know how to change the path (location) of a macro without replacing it.

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Ashish,

You can set the workflow dependencies as pictured below:

Capture.PNG

This will allow you to set the path as:

UNC, Absolute, Relative.

UNC is great for shared locations with the potential for different logical drive/path names 

\\ComputerName\SharedFolder\Resource 

instead of G:\Resource

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Ashish
8 - Asteroid

@MarqueeCrew Thanks a lot! It's very good. 

Also, I wanted to thank you for your macros! I find them very useful and use them a lot. I get ideas and inspiration from them to create my own macros that I need.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Thanks @Ashish,

my friend @AdamR_AYX is the mastermind behind the crew macros. I'm just a contributor to them. 

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels