Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Edit Workflow Labels??

cwilcoxmtn
7 - Meteor

I have a crazy workflow that is blending about 10 files - the input area is so crowded that the labels overlap the tools.  Is there a way to edit the labels?

Thanks in Advance - Crystal

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Yes.  There is an ANNOTATE tab within the INPUT tool's configuration (exists for all tools).

Capture.PNG

If you press the 3rd tool beneath the WRENCH (looks like a pricetag):

Capture.PNG

You can shorten/change the Annotation to something simple.

Thanks,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
jack_morgan
9 - Comet

The other option (which I prefer to use) is to use the canvas settings to manage annotations. The benefit of this is the person that is building the workflow can hide annotations as he/she gets more comfortalbe using them. The best solution is proably to clean up annotations as Mark mentions but also to hide annotation for a cleaner and easier to manage canvas. To do this, click anywhere on your canvas, then in your configuration pane on the canvas tab, toggle the "Annotataions:" dropdown.

HIDE                                                                                      SHOW
Show Annotations.png  Hide Annotations.png

bobro
6 - Meteoroid

As I am figuring this out still, I have started using a combination of both features mentioned by others on this discussion. I remove all annotations from the canvas and only show the ones that add the most value for me by changing the individual tool's annotation setting to "Always". As an example, I tend to summarize my inputs on the join itself.

annotation sample.jpg

Labels