Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Easiest way to recreate this Excel table?

BSmithdubz
8 - Asteroid

I'm attempting to incorporate this data into a larger workflow. The first table is just input values while the second two tables are formulas. Fairly new to Alteryx, and I'm thinking I could do this with some formula tools and a could others, but was hoping someone could give me advice on how to do this with as few tools as possible. 

BSmithPdubz_0-1598361782264.png

The change in 2019 formula is different than the rest of the formulas in the 2nd table, and the December 2018 Actual in the third table is an input from the rest of the WF, while the rest of the data in that table can be performed with one formula. 

Thanks for the help!

11 REPLIES 11
ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

@BSmithdubz ,

My best guess would be some data processing followed by a table Tool.

Provide some data and let us give it a go.

BSmithdubz
8 - Asteroid

Here's an example data file - essentially the bottom row of data is what I need to bring into my workflow, and I'll have 20 slightly different versions of the "December 2018 Actual" numbers to bring in to get to different copies of that bottom row. The first two tables should be constant, I'd just like to get formulas in there to generate the 2nd table based on new data for the current year for the first table. Thinking the multi row formula tool might help but not completely sure if that's the way to go. 

Let me know if that made any sense - thanks!

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @BSmithdubz ,

Apologies I got pulled.

Please have a look at the attached workflow. I put some comments.

It will deal with the second table. I will start on the last table. The workflow will give you an idea.

Please verify numbers, layout can be tweaked later on.

I hope you find it helpful. 

second part will follow 

BSmithdubz
8 - Asteroid

Unfortunately I am unable to open that package, possibly due to my older version of alteryx (work computer can't update past 2019.3.1.28384) is there any other format you could upload in, or possibly only include part of the WF instead of the entire package? 

Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it, and no rush on getting to the last table 

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @BSmithdubz ,

Here is the workflow as .yxmd.

You can also open it in a text editor but I hope you can open it in designer.

If not come back and lets find a solution.

If you manage to open it  repoint the input data tool to the correct file location.

BSmithdubz
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, I was able to open that and get it running - the data looks good. I will take a deeper look and understand your work. Thank you again!

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @BSmithdubz ,

This workflow will include the third table.

The flow will output an excel file in the same directory as the workflow.

One thing to mention, for the third table, I have picked up record 34 which I think should be fed from somewhere.

Have a look and see what comes up.

anything, shout back.

BSmithdubz
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the response. Record 34 is made up of data from my original workflow - there are a bunch of different versions of "December 2018 actual" data, so I think my best option would be to run this through a batch macro. 

One question though - one of the tools is showing up as this: 

BSmithPdubz_0-1598447281926.png

Am I missing some files to be able to properly run this tool? I've never run into this error before. Thanks again!

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @BSmithdubz ,

That was the imputation tool. May be you don't have it in your version of Alteryx.

I have replaced it with a formula. I hope it is better.

Also with regards to the actual column, share the logic and we will figure it out.

Labels