Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

EXCEL FILE OPENER AND BB DATE [MACRO - ERROR]

bmartinezpwc21
5 - Atom

Why when I run the workflow and click anywhere on the canvas, the data processed so far in the other tools seems to be deleted and instead of showing the columns of my original data, those of the attached capture are shown. This always happens to me with the Excel File Opener macro and until now I don't know why it worked for me by placing a "Block until done" afterwards, but with the BB Date macro it doesn't want to work.

It is a bit annoying because sometimes the information is a bit heavy and takes time to execute for this to happen later.

1 REPLY 1
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@bmartinezpwc21 I think a setting on the BB Date Macro needs changed. Right click on the BB Date Macro and click open macro. Go to View >> Interface Designer. Select the properties gear icon and then check the box about output fields changing:

patrick_digan_0-1604663244918.png

That fixed the issue for me, hopefully it works for you!

Labels