Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

ETL Process using IN-Database tools in Alteryx

Bharath
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I am pulling data from Apache Spark since its a big data I am using In-Database tools option in Alteryx. now I need to perform following ETL is it possible to do this in Alteryx ?

2018-04-20_11-54-21.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Traditionally In Alteryx designer I would achieve this using the generate rows tool; I’m not sure how you could achieve this directly by using the in-dB tools, in fact I’m relatively confident to say you couldn’t .

Just how large is the DB you are working with?

What I would consider doing is using the in-dB summertime tool, grouping by your start date and end date field (thus aggregating the data to the level needed for the generate rows tool to work). Then using the ‘stream out’ tool to bring your aggregated data out of the in-dB tools. The. Use the standard generate rows tool, before using the stream in tool to pull your data back in-dB. You can then use a join tool against your original data stream on the start date and end date fields and you’ll then have the required structure.

I hope this helps.

Ben

JoshKushner
12 - Quasar

Hi Bharath,

This can be done with the generate rows tool per the below and attached.

Workflow

workflow.PNG

Input

input.PNG

Results

results.PNG

Generate Rows

generate rows.PNG

Bharath
8 - Asteroid

You are really awesome. thank you for your help. It worked really well. I aggregated the data using in-database tools then I used stream out tool to get the stream to use normal ETL tools.

Labels