Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

ESRI File Geodatabase

mingru
5 - Atom

Hi, I am a beginner user of spatial data and using Alteryx to handle spatial data. I have two questions regarding Alteryx's connection to ESRI File geodatabase.

For my project, I received two ESRI File geodatabase. I was able to connect with one via "Data sources" option - ESRI GeoDatabase. However, I got error message for the other one. 

- Error: You have found a bug. Replicate, then let us know. We shall fix it soon. 

For the one that I was able to connect, I can see a list of tables. Is there more data that can be viewed? How to filter the data by geography?  I am lacking the basic knowledge of geodatabase. Really appreciate helps!!

Thanks, 

Mingru 

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

This might help in understanding what a geodatabase is: https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.3/manage-data/geodatabases/what-is-a-geodatabase.htm

"At its most basic level, an ArcGIS geodatabase is a collection of geographic datasets of various types held in a common file system folder, a Microsoft Access database, or a multiuser relational DBMS (such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Informix, or IBM DB2). Geodatabases come in many sizes, have varying numbers of users and can scale from small, single-user databases built on files up to larger workgroup, department, and enterprise geodatabases accessed by many users."

mingru
5 - Atom

Thanks, I have found similar resources to explain the concept. I want to know how can I do with the data using Alteryx. Thanks!!

Also I am wondering what's the process of solving a bug? 

Labels