Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

ERROR - Invalid document structure

AndrewCrayford
8 - Asteroid

Hi

I create a workflow yesterday, it ran and save successfully, however today when I open it it displaying the following error message.

issue 1.jpg

As soon as i try to open the icon that is given me an error message, i get another message

issue2.JPG

When i click on ok, it comes up with the following message

issue3.JPG

Just wondering how i can fix this issue as it also effecting some workflow which I have saved months ago.

6 REPLIES 6
PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @AndrewCrayford,

Thank you for posting!

Does the input data tool use a Gallery alias? If so, please rename file %APPDATA%\Alteryx\Engine\GalleryAlias.xml to GalleryAlias.xml (example: C:\Users\my_name\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine\GalleryAlias.xml.old) and restart Alteryx Designer.

Kind regards,

Paul Noirel

Sr Customer Support Engineer, Alteryx

AndrewCrayford
8 - Asteroid

Thanks that worked

dhouse
Alteryx
Alteryx

One additional point:  This can also happen on Gallery if you remove the last gallery alias.  The gallery file may be left in an invalid XML format, causing the workers referencing that file to fail with this error.  

bir1bv
5 - Atom

I'm getting the same error for a dynamic input tool in my macro.  My input files are of type xml. I created a blank file with type xml and dynamically replace the file with the actual xml file name.  This worked perfectly the first few times I ran the workflow but suddenly stopped working and produced the errror:Invalid document structure at LIne:2 and Column:1.  How do I get rid of this error?

dhouse
Alteryx
Alteryx

bir1bv the issue you are experiencing is a little different than what is covered in this post, but I will try to help.

Since you are using these files as input, this error tells me one of the xml files you are passing through has an invalid document structure.  Can you isolate the file(s) that cause the input tool to error?  If so, I would then take those files and use an xml validator (such as https://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_validator.asp) to identify the cause of the invalid state.  

Also, do the files have the same general document structure?  If you send your workflow and some examples I may be able to help more thoroughly.

bir1bv
5 - Atom

Thanks for the response.  After closing out of Alteryx designer and restarting the application, the error disappeared.  Everything is working now with no errors.

Labels