community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

EOB (.eob) File Type

Highlighted
Meteor

How do I bring an EOB (.eob) file  type to my workflow? In my case it opens with Notepad?

Thanks!

Quasar

hi @Carolyne

I'n not familiar EOB file format, but if you configure your input tool as a .csv with the delimiter \n(new line), you'll be able to import each line as a whole and then parse as required.  You may need to increase the line length to more than 256 as well.   If it's fixed field length, you can use the flat file format and define the column widths.

Dan

Meteor

Thanks for the feedback. I tried that and it did not work. 

Quasar

Hi @Carolyne

I have no idea how big these files are, but if they're a reasonable size, i.e.<1 MB, can you post one?

Dan

Meteor

Essential I can open the file with any text editor, I'm just not sure how to input in alteryx: Below is a sample file, it has roughly 26 columns. I just copied the first 10 columns.  

XX|401|8888|~DD|XX|ALL PEOPLE|20160101|000000|XX|~DD|

Quasar

Hi again

I was able to open the file using the following configuration

Input Configuration.png

Set the highlighted fields as shown above.  The "delimiters" filed is the pipe character "|". 

Here's the result 

Solution.png

I just copied your example line to a file called Example.eob that I put in the same directory as the workflow

Note:  This will work if all the lines have the same number of fields.  If not, you'll have to treat the files as a .csv with "\n" as the delimiter and parse the fields yourself.  If you need more help let me know

Dan 

Labels