Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

EMail tool - sending email as a tenplate

StephenT
8 - Asteroid

Hi all

I am looking to use the Alteryx email tool to send information generated in an excel file to staff within our firm, and have no idea if what i require is possible or if I am just configuring it incorrectly

I have the excel spreadsheet as the input tool
I have the "Report Text" tool configured with the 'merge' fields from the spreadsheet

When I add the email tool and select the relevant fields (email address etc.,) the fields from the Excel sheet are not picked up, however the email tool works if I 'hardcode' the email address.

The merge fields (i.e. columns headers) will always remain static, while the data will (obviously) change depending on the run date.

If anyone could suggest the correct configuration i'd be immensely appreciative. I have attached the workflow group as a reference.
Also happy to supply more information if it helps.

1 REPLY 1
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@StephenT 
We can use a batch macro to do that and your email address as the Control Parameter Input of the macro.
I got hint from below actually and credits goto @afv2688 .

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Send-an-email-using-table-reporting/td...

0502-StephenT-1.PNG0502-StephenT-2.PNG

Labels