Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

E-mail tool - issues with body of e-mail text

laura2
6 - Meteoroid

Hello -

I am using the e-mail tool for an annual project to distribute customized files to a large number of individuals at my company. I used attached macro in Spring 2020 to send out the e-mails and it allowed me to include the "&" within the Body of email text and also included the paragraph spacing in the final e-mail that was sent. However, when I am attempting to use the same macro currently, it is producing an error. Removing all of the "&"s from the text allowed the e-mails to send, but the paragraph spacing was omitted resulting in the e-mail body being a difficult to read lump of text. 

I would appreciate any insights into why these things are coming up as issues now, but were not previously. Also, any suggestions for how to resolve so I can send out any remaining e-mails for the year with improved formatting. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

@laura2 

I can't speak to why this error would be happening, however if you use a Report Text tool to generate the body of your email you shouldn't have any issues. I just tested and was able to send an email with an '&' with no issues. The report text tool also will let you insert names via the 'available fields' option in it's configuration window. 

randreag
11 - Bolide

hi @laura2 

Regarding the format you could write the message in the Report Text tool with the format and then connect this to the email tool

I hope it helps

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The use of Reporting tools will be necessary to format the content for the email tool. 

In this case, I recommend using a Report Text tool instead of the Formula tool. You can still reference fields like the Formula tool to create dynamic content for each email. Here's what that might look like in the Report Text tool:

20210303-emailText.JPG

An example is also attached. Check it out and let us know if you have any questions. 

laura2
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you! I had not used the Report Text tool before. It not only got me back to where I was previously with formatting, but it allowed me to add colors/formatting to the e-mail signature so it aligns more closely with our company branding standards. 

Labels