Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

E-Mail a single attached report (not a report for every row of the report)

Eric227
6 - Meteoroid

How do you e-mail a single attached report? I'm getting a multiple e-mails for each row of my report and only want a single e-mail with an attached report.

From the e-mail tool description: Sends e-mails for each record with attachments or e-mail generated reports if desired <<< This what I want to do

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Eric227 You would use a render or output tool to save your report (as any filetype) and then use a sample tool to limit the data to 1 record into the email tool. Then you would setup the attachment in the email tool to grab the file that will be written out. I suspect you could do something like write the file to %temp%File.yxdb in your output/render tool and then reference that (%temp%File.yxdb) in the email tool and it should grab it successfully.

Eric227
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you

bruno_jose
5 - Atom

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your explanation.

One question: how do I limit the data to 1 record into the email tool by using the sample tool?

Thanks

Labels