Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically update a table based on scenarios

timewaste
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am trying to update an existing table based on multiple scenarios. I have tried a few approaches but in vain yet. I have attached my use case below. Appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
derekbelyea
12 - Quasar

What might be easy in Excel can be challenging in Alteryx and vice versa. It often takes some mental effort to map well understood Excel methods into the Alteryx world.  

Here is a hint: Consider extracting the value(s) you need from one table and using that to filter out unwanted records from the second table, then bring the two resulting tables together using the JOIN or UNION tool as appropriate. Alternatively you could consider combining the tables first and then filtering out the unwanted records.

timewaste
8 - Asteroid

@derekbelyea I could achieve this using the below shown workflow design. Thanks for your tips!

alteryx.png

Labels