Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically unzip and read archived CSV file

peddy
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

My first post! 🙂

I've been scratching my head with this problem and I couldn't find what I exactly needed in other posts. I did try this, but for some reason it didn't work - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Dynamic-input-tool/td-p/321770

So I have monthly zipped files per country that I download.

Each zip file has the rough file structure and I need to unzip them individually.

zipformat.PNG

I've created the following workflow, but keep getting the unable to open archive error

zipwf.PNG 

I would appreciate if someone can tell me where I'm going wrong. I'm also seeing the following warming which I'm not sure if it's related?

Warning: Dynamic Input (5): The file "C:\Users\pedram.mahabadi\Documents\Alteryx\PA\Consumption Data\Markets\NL\UPFIELD_NL_YellowFat_arch_06192020.zip|||C__Users_pedram.mahabadi_Documents_Alteryx_PA_Consumption Data_Markets_NL_UPFIELD_NL_YellowFat_arch_07252020.zip___UPFIELD_NL_YellowFat_MKT_07252020.csv" has a different number of fields than the 1st file in the set and will be skipped

3 REPLIES 3
randreag
11 - Bolide

Hi @peddy 

Change in the dynamic input the last option "Change entire file path". If you check the warning can see that is concatenating both paths and that is why it can be open.

And a recommendation if your fields are no the same in your zips it is better to use a macro, since Dynamic input is very sensible with these differences.

I hope it helps

peddy
7 - Meteor

Ah yes!!! This was driving me crazy! Can't believe I missed that - thanks!! 🙂

himani98
5 - Atom

Hello All, I am trying to use the online version of Alteryx, which is the Alteryx cloud and trying to upload a .yxmd file to the platform. Upon uploading the file, I am getting the following error : Designer Cloud Powered by Trifacta does not support uploading folders or binary files: "challenge_193_start_file.yxmd". It would be helpful if anyone would be able to guide me through this. 

Labels