Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically select input columns

rajatsaxena0707
6 - Meteoroid

Dear friends,

Dynamically Select ColumnsDynamically Select ColumnsI want to schedule a workflow and dynamically select columns (the column headers are the last Sunday of the week). I want to run the workflow on Monday and it should fetch the data for the next week, below is my example

For example - i run the workflow on coming Monday i.e 7th Jan, it should select the column header 12th Jan and drop all the remaining columns, I then can use this column ahead for my transformation. Can you please suggest the way to do this? 

Thanking you,

Rajat

3 REPLIES 3
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @rajatsaxena0707

OK, you may have to bear with me a little bit on this one, not sure it's the most simple, but it will work.

I have attached the workflow, the dynamic select is the part you want, I left the formula in there so you can see my working....

DateSelect.png

First I needed to get the week number - DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),"%W")

Then I needed to times this by 7 and add this onto the first Sunday in 2019 - DateTimeAdd("2019-01-05",ToNumber([Week])*7,"days")

Lastly I then needed the date format to match that of your columns - Trim(DateTimeFormat([Date],"%d-%b"),"0")

Once I had achieved the output I rolled them all into one formula and that is what I used in the Dynamic Select:

[Name] = Trim(DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd("2019-01-05",ToNumber(DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),"%W"))*7,"days"),"%d-%b"),"0")
rajatsaxena0707
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @JoeS

Thank you so much for providing the solution.. I was trying to accomplish this but in a different way and made it more complicated than it should have been; Your solution worked perfectly fine, thank you.

Best,

Rajat

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@rajatsaxena0707 you're welcome. I did quickly check a few random Monday's in the future, I think the time it may fall down/need updating is the start of 2020.

Labels