Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically rename (browse) tool

leonhekkert
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I'm making an app to compare two datasets for differences.

At the end of the app both datasets are combined with a join tool.

I've connected browse tools to all three output anchors of this join tool.

My question is: can I rename the browse tool based on the files that are used for comparing?

For example all output of the 'L' anchor goes to a browse tool which I want to be called [file name 1] + " unmatched".

Is this possible?

5 REPLIES 5
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

If you are looking for a way to change the Annotation dynamically, I am not aware of a way to do that. What you can do is to update the text of a field in that L anchor, if you have the [file name 1] + " unmatched" on a formula tool for example.

leonhekkert
8 - Asteroid

Not the annotation, but the name of the tool itself. Once the chained app is done it will show the results of two browse tools.
I'd like to rename these to the name of the corresponding input files. Does anyone know whether this is possible? 

2022-06-21 10_54_16-App Results.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@leonhekkert, for each browse tool you will have to name it under the annotation section but this step is manual. Please have a look at the configuration below.

grazitti_sapna_0-1655802515798.png

I hope that helps!

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
leonhekkert
8 - Asteroid

@grazitti_sapna, OK thanks for the clarification. Shame it can't be populated dynamically. :)

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@leonhekkert, welcome maybe in the future we may be able to see some functionality that can make it happen. Hope for the best!

Sapna Gupta
Labels