Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically pass Date in Output tool Pre-SQL Delete

UpendraPandey
7 - Meteor

Hello Guys,

Need help to figure out a scenario. I am loading some files which has different ReportDate.

Before loading i wanted to delete any data previously loaded for that file. Is there any way i can dynamically change this in Output tool Pre-SQL

Basically let see my source file has data of Report_DATE as 2-July and and in My target target also i have data for 2-July. SO before loading the source file data i need to delete the Target table data only for 2-July

clipboard_image_1.png

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

You could put your output data tool in a macro feeding in your regular data from a macro input and your date as a control parameter which uses an action tool connected to the output data tool set to replace a specific string in the Pre-SQL. 

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

Here's an example of how to use macro. Errors will occur because of the table and connection I'm using, replace if you want to test.

[]

Labels