Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically named multiple HTML files

DavidBaker84
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to create multiple html outputs from a single excel file.

I have the HTML code right, if I copied it direct into a notepad, however once its an output from Alteryx it doesn't appear to work, and the headers are included on the output.

Attached an example where based on this input I would want to see 2 outputs one named for each store number

and the html output saved in that notepad file.

3 REPLIES 3
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

If I understand correctly, you want your module to output two separate HTML tabs:

Tab1:
2020-10-26 13_48_30-1234.htm.png

And Tab2:

2020-10-26 13_48_37-7890.htm.png

If this is correct, then you need to create a field upstream, call it whatever you like - maybe "Output" and you can use a formula or whatever to create the paths:

2020-10-26 13_47_19-Window.png

Then just configure your output tool with the option at the bottom as such:

2020-10-26 13_47_44-Alteryx Designer x64 - HTML output test.yxmd_.png

That will create two separate tabs.

DavidBaker84
6 - Meteoroid

Hi
Thanks for your reply.  To clarify the output, I don't want to have those headers on it or the store number column.  The output is purely the code for each store in the HTML Output column. 

Thanks

David

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you want to output the html files directly, you have to set the file format to CSV and delimiters is \n. 

AkimasaKajitani_2-1603789979909.png

Labels