Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically filter multiple columns

yxt
7 - Meteor

Hi ! I'm trying to find a better way to identify Accounts that hold more than 10 in each Company. I have hundreds of accounts and company so using a normal filter [AccountA] > 10 is not possible and we gain/lose Accounts every other month so individually filtering by Account is not feasible.

Starting off from the table below with existing sample data.  I  think I may have to do a transpose to have Company as the horizontal header and Accounts vertically in the first column. Following which, is there a formula that is capable of flagging out Accounts that hold more than 10 in each company? If it helps, all Account name will being with Account_123 but Company name is not consistently beginning with Company. 

Many thanks in advance.

Asset NameAccountAAccountBAccountC
Company15  
Company2 10 
Company3  20
1 REPLY 1
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @yxt 

You will definitely need to transpose...if you group by Asset Name, so you get something like this:

Capture.PNG

Then you can simply filter on all Values >10

Labels