Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically derive full path of the Input and Output files

mahesh_prs
5 - Atom

In my workflow I would like to specify the path to the input files as: <Variable - File path>+ \Input\Baseline1.xlsx, <Variable - File path>+ \Input\Baseline2.xlsx etc., and would like to provide an option to the user to either input or store the value of the <Variable - File path> in one of the input files/ static input (e.g., H:\APAC\Alteryx Analysis\2019\, based on how the users have mapped the network drive)

Is there a way to do this, without the user have to intervene in each step to provide/ choose the input file path names.

1 REPLY 1
tom_montpool
12 - Quasar

I can think of several possibilities if your goal is to have somewhere to store and edit a constant value that can be used in the workflow. It really depends on where you want the users of the workflow to change the constant.

1. Store the value in an external file (like a csv). Easily edited outside Alteryx. Easily accessed by the workflow (Input Data). Add to the data file with Append Fields.
  2. Store the value in a Text Input tool. Easily edited inside Alteryx. Easily accessed by the workflow. Add to the data file with Append Fields.
  3. Store the value in a User Constant (found on the Workflow configuration tab). Easily edited inside Alteryx. Easily accessed by the workflow. Add to data file with Formula tool.
Labels