This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
Here is what I am trying to do, but I must admit that it is utterly difficult for me.
Let's assume that I have an Excel Input file that contains columns regarding months:
As you can see, it starts at March 2019 and ends at December 2019.
The final form of the file should have the following features:
1) Starts at current month (for example, 2018-08-01)
2) Ends at 36th month (same example, 2021-07-01)
3) If the starting month of the Input is prior to today's date, these columns should be erased (from starting at 2018-05-01 to starting at 2018-08-01). Same logic for columns after ending month (delete all columns after 2021-07-01)
4) The added columns must have null/blank/zero cells.
5) The existing and maintained columns (for example, the 2019-05-01 on the picture above) should naturally conserve the values in rows.
As the Input file is going to often change regarding starts and ends months, I am looking for a dynamic solution.
I hope that it is clear enough, if not please let me know.
Do you want to generate a blank template every time the Alteryx workflow is ran, or do you have a data input that you would like organized in this fashion? If you have an input in mind, providing a sample input file for the Community will help you get the most relevant input.