Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Alteryx is here to help you solve your biggest data challenges. Read about the new Virtual Solution Center here.

Dynamically changing the parameters inside a Procedure

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

My workflow is executing a PLSQL procedure which has some parameters inside it.

Ex- call procedure_name(id,username)

This id is monthly id which will change every month. As of now i'm hardcoding the id value.

Is it possible to dynamically change this id somewhere in the workflow so that it should automatically populated inside the procedure?

Highlighted
14 - Magnetar

Can you give a bit more information? Is the SQL procedure called in an Input Data Tool, or a Dynamic Input Tool? Or In-DB tools? Can you show an example?

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Procedure is called in POST-SQL of output tool.

I've written a procedure inside output tool which should dynamically update my first value which 01 in this case.

AnandKumar1_0-1580992606377.png

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hello @AnandKumar1,

If you want to change the parameters you could include your work in a batch macro and modify with the action tool the parameters, in this case the 01, dynamically.

As you can see on this exampe I am modifying with my  parameter the sheet name:

Untitled.png

Just look for the parameter you want to change in the action tool window.

Since you are writing into a database I would recommend you to try it first in a controlled enviroment just in case there is a mistake somewhere to avoid possible errors or problems.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

Labels