Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically change file name and output to different tabs

Haokun
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

I have read several community post but seems there is no relevant to my case yet. For example, my output data looks like below, I want to output to different tabs based on column name. On top of that, I want to update my file path with the current datetimenow, so everytime i run the workflow, i would expect to see a new excel file with 5 different tabs based on the dynamic file name.

RefName
1John
2Allen
3Peter
4Lily

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hi 

I've attached a sample workflow that should do the trick if I understood you correctly 🙂 

Haokun
8 - Asteroid

hi @Hamder83 

yup, but is it to show the date and the time? because if only have date means the user can run one time per day, or else they will need to remove the file before they can re-run it.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Haokun 
Based on the work of @Hamder83 , and I hope you will not be able to run the workflow within one second.😁
Capture3A.PNG

Haokun
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu 

Wow, yes. but why need to change ":" to "-"?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Haokun 
":" is an illeglal character for file path or file name, right? 😁

Labels