Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically add values from target and source columns

kristinecp
6 - Meteoroid
Hello! I have 20 columns in the target dataset containing numbers and 20 more in the source dataset containing growth rate constants. I have appended the two datasets together to make it easier to call out the values. My target and source datasets have the same column names.

The next step I would like to take is to dynamically add the values in the target and source columns. I'm aware I could do [_CurrentField_] * (constant) if the constant values are the same but the problem is each column in the source target has a different value. Please help me how to add values from an appended dataset together. Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
kristinecp
6 - Meteoroid
I wrote "[_CurrentField_] * constant" but i meant "+". Addition not multiplication. Sorry fpr the typo!
benakesh
12 - Quasar

Hi @kristinecp ,

Can you include sample input files and expected  output file  ?

kristinecp
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, benakesh. I recreated what I'm trying to do in Excel. Hope it helps. 

I would like to add up each value in the selected columns: mpg, hp and drat. How can I do this without recreating multiple formulas? Can the multi-field formula tool do this?

outcome.PNG

benakesh
12 - Quasar

Hi @kristinecp ,

You can use one formula after  transpose .  

Hope this helps .

kristinecp
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the solution. Just what I needed!

Labels