Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamically add the date to the output(excel spreadsheet) filename

harsha_rappan
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have a workflow, the output of the workflow is written to an excel spreadsheet, the filename should . contain date range along with the name of the file

Date range: current date and going back 28 days from current date

If today's date is: '2020-10-26'

Here is what I need:

expected file name: UNFI-NWXD Report between '2020-09-28' and '2020-10-26'

Appreciate your help

Regards,

Harsha Rappan

5 REPLIES 5
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @harsha_rappan,

I think this should give you an idea of how it should be done. You can amend it to make it work for your workflow.

Emil_Kos_1-1603732968357.png

If this was helpful for you please mark as a solution

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @harsha_rappan 

Here is a workflow for the task.

Output:

atcodedog05_0-1603733518047.png

Workflow:

atcodedog05_1-1603733530994.png

Formula takes todays date calculates 28 days back and names the file. Completely dynamic takes tomorrow date if run tomorrow.

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @harsha_rappan,

ahh, I missed it should be 28 days from today's date 🙂 

harsha_rappan
7 - Meteor

Thank you for the quick reply, my requirement is to dynamically rename the file, not the sheet name or the tab name in the excel spreadsheet.

The solution provided by you is dynamically writing the name at the bottom of the excel spreadsheet (sheet name), which is not my requirement

When my file (excel spreadsheet) is saved to my local machine or to any folder, the name of the file should be dynamically written, this is my desired requirement

I hope this helps

Regards,

Harsha Rappan

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @harsha_rappan,

It looks that the solution provided you by @atcodedog05 is saving the file with a new dynamic name.

If you want to rename the file that is an input file you cannot do that.

You need to create a new file with a new naming convention as @atcodedog05 did.

If you want to delete the original file you would need to add a cmd command to your workflow. 

Labels