community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Community v19.9

The latest release includes several enhancements designed to improve your Community experience!

Learn More

Dynamically Selecting a Date Range in Column Headers

Highlighted

Hi all, 

Had a question, hoping someone could help. I have a file that has dates across the headers.

2019-09-012019-09-02...2019-12-31

How would I dynamically select a column range, i.e. 2019-09-01 to 2019-09-30, and keep that range dynamic, as I will have to grab a different date range every week, and what tool would be best? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! 

Brittany

Comet

I would suggest combining a transpose tool to get the column names in a column, a filter tool to filter the date range, and then a crosstab tool to restore the original column structure (see attached).

Hi Adam, 

Thanks for the help! Is there anyway to, within one filter, have a range, eg: Name is between september 1 and september 30? FOr the time being I put two filters back to back as a temp, fix but if you know how to do a range that would be awesome. 

Thanks! 

Brittany

Nebula
Nebula

Hi @Brittany123 

You can combine expressions in the filter tool by combining them with one of the logic operators, "AND" or "OR".  For your example change the filter expression in Ada's solution to  

[Name]>='2019-09-01' and [Name]<='2019-09-30'

f.png

Dan

Labels