Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically Renaming Tab Names Only

Mattjohnson80
5 - Atom

I am currently looking for a solution to rename tabs utilizing a designated list. 

At work, I receive workbooks with hundreds of tabs, and it is my job to rename tabs to make it easier for tick marking. That being said, it is not just one prefix that needs to be added, its actually different prefixes for different areas of the workbook (ie P1, P2, T1, T2...). 

Is this possible in Alteryx? I want to only change the tab names, none of the information. I know it has something to deal with importing the list of sheet names and the dynamic rename tool, but I was unable to find a way to only change the tab names. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You can't just write the tab names you'd have to write the whole data sheet too, from my knowledge which would make this a pretty hideous task with Alteryx. Doesn't seem the best tool for the job in this case.

ivoller
12 - Quasar

I agree with @BenMoss. Assuming you have well defined rules for the renaming exercise, this seems like a relatively straightforward VBA or VBScript task.

Mattjohnson80
5 - Atom

Thanks y'all!

Labels