Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamical rename column names app

Andrzej
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I want to create an app for a user to upload data for multiple buildings. He will choose the file with data and building a name from the dropdown. However, column names are different for each building. I would like to dynamically rename these columns using a mapping file. So if the user has chosen building A, column "ID" will change its name to "Unique ID". And If a user has chosen building B, column "Event Date" will change its name to "Date". Column names has to be this same because I use them in formulas afterward. There are multiple buildings and fields, so I would stay with excel mapping file if it is possible.   

How would you approach this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Andrzej
8 - Asteroid

I am attaching the file with mapping 

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @Andrzej ,

you can use the dynamic rename like this

bpatel_0-1597093550081.png

hope this helps!

Andrzej
8 - Asteroid

Hi @bpatel 

This is exactly what I was looking for!! Cheers

Do you know also how I can handle missing columns fo some buildings? I have a column supervisor for most of the buildings, but part for part of buildings it is missing. I would like to have a column supervisor with nulls then 

Labels