Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic update information in Container tool's caption

DrydenChicago
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

Is there a way to dynamic update information from inflow data into Container tool's caption?  I tried using the interface tool with Drop Down and Action to replace the string name in Container tool's caption but no luck here.  I don't think there's a way to dynamic update the caption in Container tool.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Andy

2 REPLIES 2
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

There is unfortunately not a way to update this dynamically with incoming data - the interface tools will update pieces with actions, but only when run as an analytic app. Running as an app wouldn't show the actual tool container though.

What is the specific use case/requirement?

DrydenChicago
7 - Meteor

Thanks for your quick response.  The specific use case would be the planning model where there are three years planning involved.  So there are three separate container boxes which will need to rename the caption with the specific period.  For example as of now, it is "2020-02 Actual YTD" in first container box, then "2021 Projected", and "2022 Projected".  We also look at last year planning model which would be "2020-12 Actual YTD", "2021-02 Actual YTD", and "2022 Projected" so we can compare actual to last year.  It is just a renaming for dynamic purpose.

I could see another useful case where a person would run the workflow will update name of user and run timestamp to the comment box or container tool.  A couple weeks or some time later, another user will open the same workflow to see who was the last person to run the alteryx workflow and when was that.

Labels