Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic tool duplicating data under different sheet names

jjolly
5 - Atom

Hi, I am trying to using the Dynamic input tool to combine data in multiple tabs in the same sheet with the respective sheet name (in this case months) added in a column. Currently I am able to pull in the months but the data is only coming from one month and duplicating - see output file.

Please help!

6 REPLIES 6
Garrett
11 - Bolide

I think you just need a little tweak to the second "Modify SQL Query" parameter. Your "Input Data Source Template" is set up to read from the "April" sheet and that is really the only "specific string" you want to replace with your list of incoming sheet names.

dynamicreplace.PNG

jjolly
5 - Atom

Hi,

Thanks for responding so quickly. If I do as you instructed it only shows the april data now, it's not duplicating but now only showing one month of data. How do I get it to read all the months without duplicating?

Thanks,

Justin

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @jjolly ,

Will this work for you?

Hope you find it helpful.

jjolly
5 - Atom

Hi ImadZidan,

Sorry that won't open on my version of Alteryx. Still using the 2019 version. Is there another format that you can save it as?

Thanks,

Justin

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @jjolly ,

Oh, sorry. here is the workflow..

if you still have issues, please let us know

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@jjolly , can you please give this a try?

grazitti_sapna_0-1598856611809.png

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Labels