Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic tool - Error Message (180)

martavertone
7 - Meteor

Hi guys,

I have a problem with Dynamic Input tool.

I had started the workflow with Directory tool that grabs all the daily files with a specific name and filtered out only the files related to the last day of each month.

Now I wanted to finalize this workflow by using the Dynamic tool to be able to see the data into columns and link this tool with the rest of the workflow and work on the data itself.

In the Dynamic tool I have selected the template file I need to replicate, and its format and columns are exactly the same as the ones of the files part of the directory (I promise).

When I run the workflow I have this error message: Dynamic Input (180) The file "Name of my file" has a different schema than the 1st file in the set.

I really don't get where the problem is because the files are setup the same way..

Anyone has a clue of the reason why this is happening?

thank you in advance

Marta

3 REPLIES 3
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

Two thoughts:

1) Excel files sometimes encounter issues where an extra column is added because of a hidden value somewhere in the workbook, which can cause this problem.  Are you using Excel files?

2) Are any of the fields mixed data types (IE numbers and strings)? Is it possible that in one file it has only numbers, and in another there are strings? This could potentially cause Alteryx to read the file in the wrong way.

There are ways around each of these, but the best method depends pretty heavily on what the actual problem is :)

martavertone
7 - Meteor

Hello,

yes I am using Excel Binary Worksheets. I checked the input files and there are no extra/hidden columns.

Some of the data fields contain codes composed on letters and numbers and those are defined as strings types..could that be the problem?

martavertone
7 - Meteor

So the issue was coming from the input file I was using which were in Excel Binary format.

I replaced them into xlsx and now the Dynamic Input tool doesn't return the error message anymore.

Labels