Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic "Start data Import on Line"

Rob83
7 - Meteor

So I have this case and can't figure out a way to overcome the situation.

I'm reading different excel files from one directory and each excel contains X number of tabs (might differ from file to file) (Using this solution), turns out that I need to read parts of each tab and union them into one single output. The challenge is that each tab has a different line to start (Row number) the reading of the rows cause the first N rows could contain information that is not important for my purposes, the only common thing that each Tab has is that the portion of the information that I need to start has the same Title on top.

As a brief, I have , X number of Files, Y number of tabs. Each Tab has a Text that Reads "Examples Below" and after that text is the information I need to copy into one single master file, caveat here: Title "Examples Below" could be in Row 10 in one Tab, and Row 400 in the next one and so on..

As you can imagine my first approach was to try to use the Start data Import on Line feature in an input data tool, but I see this as a hard number not able to change dynamically.

Thanks in advance, I know this one might be difficult to achieve.

10 REPLIES 10
mbens123
7 - Meteor

I like that "trick" with the running total. Neat.

Labels