Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic process multi input excel files with different sheets names and other sheet names

AshaJohn
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Currently am having Main1,Main2 Input excel files. So my input should be dynamically fetched and process data. For ex. Main1 excel having sheetnames so..sheet1,sheet2,Xsheet1,Xsheet4,..

and Main2 excel having sheetnames, so sheet1,sheet2,Xsheet5,Xsheet10,sheet4,..

From here i need data to be merged from  Xsheet1,Xsheet4,Xsheet5,Xsheet10 and process data.

Am new to alteryx tool and trying to figure out way.

Also went through few links for dynamic Input and take the sheetnames alone.

could you please help me here.? It's something urgent to solve it.

18 REPLIES 18
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@AshaJohn 

I modified a worflow I downloaded from here before.

0303-AshaJohn.PNG

AshaJohn
7 - Meteor

Am getting errors and not sure how to resolve it. am new to alteryx and macro.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@AshaJohn 
Please modify as per below and save the macro.

Untitled1.pngUntitled2.PNG

AshaJohn
7 - Meteor

Thank you.It resolved the error. But i need one of the favor too to complete my tasks. How to select range of columns in the Xsheet.. as its picking blank columns too.Also I could see only one excel file data alone coming up..no sure why another file sheets not coming up.. 😞

AshaJohn
7 - Meteor

Moreover most of the time my filter configuration disappears. Could you please suggest me what to do?

AshaJohn
7 - Meteor

I found one issue with your attachment.. Some cartesian product values are coming in the @Import multiple schema -macro... Am new to macro too so not able to sort it out.. Could you please help me sort it out ASAP. 

AshaJohn
7 - Meteor

@Qiu  Can you please help me ASAP.??This is some thing urgent.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@AshaJohn 

Just being to able to see it.

I am having difficulty to understand your error.

Would be possible to upload your workflow?

AshaJohn
7 - Meteor

@Qiu I found one issue with your attachment.. Some Cartesian product values are coming in the Import multiple schema -macro... Am new to macro too so not able to sort it out.. Could you please help me sort it out ASAP. I have just modified my sources alone. others are similar. When i checked your workflow itself then i  found that Cartesian product formed.

For example. from source-main 1 - Xsheet1 excel file has Id -1,2 and value AA,BB

But when seeing after the multiple schema-macro(something fault over here as it producing Cartesian product)

The output produces different sheet names and values and ID..such as ID-8,Value-dd,Sheetnames-Xsheet4,Xsheet1,Xsheet5,Xsheet10

the output should have 

sheet names-Xsheet1 ;  Id -1,2 and value -AA,BB

Labels