Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic output based on user selection

LloydB
5 - Atom

Hello,

I have started using Alteryx after being away for a few years and I feel very rusty! Anyway, I have scenario where I want to deploy data to Tableau server using the "Publish to tableau server" tool. However there needs to be 2 outputs at the end of the workflow, one which publishes to a QA data source and another for a PRD data source. I want the user to be able to select which DS to deploy to using a radio button, this is so they can check the output in QA before pushing to PRD. So its basically a dynamic output. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Lloyd

2 REPLIES 2
Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

I would do this with a Detour tool linked to your user selection, here's an example I've done before:

Christina_H_0-1642591247951.png

In this case the workflow defaults to the left output, but if the checkbox is selected it will go to the right instead.

I don't know how you would make the same thing work with radio buttons instead of a checkbox, but an alternative would be to activate/deactivate containers based on the radio button selected.

SoccerTil
8 - Asteroid

A simple solution that I've used many times for QA or PROD is the embed each output in its own Tool Container, set them to Disabled, then in the application toggle enable for the user's choice.

SoccerTil_0-1642610899361.png

Labels